The kids' clothing is easy because they fit into almost any style, and if their outfit is clean, it's almost a guarantee that they look cute. Dad will probably wear his "nice" outfit of khakis, the shirt you tell him to wear, and a good pair of shoes. So, he's all set. But, what about you? What should mom wear for the photoshoot? A couple "of course" tips:
- Wear something that you feel comfortable wearing. If you're never going to wear it again, it's probably not something you want to wear in your photos.
- Try everything on before the shoot, and I mean everything! Socks, bra, jewelry. These photos will be on your walls for a while so you want to love the way you look every time you see them.
- Dress for the environment. While hemp is great, that's not what I'm talking about here. Basically, keep the heels at home if we're having a beach session. If we'll be shooting in a field, a long flowing dress would look great!
A few "oh, yeah, good idea" tips:
- Accentuate what you love (if you love your collarbones, wear a v-neck shirt and your favorite necklace to help draw attention to them).
- Layers rule.
- If something gets wrinkled easily, don't wear it.
- Don't forget about your fingernails.
- Color pop is key.
- Accessories can make or break your outfit.
And now, onto a few visual ideas so you can start shopping!
I think this would be perfect for those field photoshoots at sunset:
I can just picture this one in a few photos where mom and dad sneak off for a few romantic shots:
This one is a little more casual, and I can just picture a little girl wearing a coordinating dress for some cherished mommy/daughter images. Kick off the shoes, and I think it would work on the beach, too:
And, finally, if your jeans are your favorite comfy clothes, I think this is a great way to dress them up for photos:
I hope these ideas get your fashionista juices flowing. As always, if you have any questions about what to wear on your photo shoot with me, I'm more than happy to help. Happy Friday!!!