July was so amazing that I didn't even post a goal list! Actually, it was filled with lots of vacation, beach, pool, and family time...and it was awesome! I still worked and got lots done (3 weddings!!!), but it was definitely less schedule-oriented than usual with C home from school and the sunshine calling our names. We took our yearly vacation to Provincetown to the most amazing little condo right on the ocean (a photographer's dream and where I took the above photo), celebrated the 4th of July with cookouts and fireworks, and had fun at C's first National Competition in Providence. Wow, when I think back to everything that we did, it just makes me happy!
I'm so OK with having no set goals last month, but this month is different. Yes, summer is only HALF OVER, but a photographer's busy season is officially here! Mix busy season with summer vacation, and I have to make sure every second counts when I'm working.
So, here's to the goal list, and may I accomplish everything on it.
BUSINESS GOALS | JUNE
- Blog 15x this month! <--this will be my #1 goal until it's achieved
- Get my inbox down to 1500 new emails (gonna try and take this in baby steps this month)
- Order new sample albums
- Choose new website design and start working on it
Choose outfits for Senior Model Styled Shoot!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! Test out new Wedding Photography Workflow CLEAN OFF DESK!!
I did clean off my desk, but it's gotten messy again. Not as mess as it was, but it's definitely not as clean and organized. Must do this again!I've also been looking for a new website/blog design, but I haven't found one that I really like yet, so I can't cross it off. I also did a lot of things that weren't on the above list (Senior Model Rep Shoot, Senior Lookbook, New Senior Pricing Sheet), so I will let a few of those uncrossed off items go.
PERSONAL GOALS | JUNE
- Continue with my exercise and better eating. I've been walking for about an hour each night. The weather is perfect, and I love listening to podcasts!
Book all of C's camps for the summer month <-- um, yea, need to do this ASAP! Buy some new clothes for summer <--- DESPERATELY NEED!
I will say for June that I did pretty good with exercise and eating; however, July is a totally different story! Time to get back on that. One month until my sister's wedding! EEEK!!!
BUSINESS GOALS | AUGUST
- Blog 12x this month. Make a blogging calendar and stick to it!
- Order new sample albums
- Choose new website design
- Accounting organization
- Create a Progress Folder and Progress Sheet for each current client
- Update iOS on my iMac
PERSONAL GOALS | AUGUST
- Get back to exercising a little each day and eating better. Have to fit into my Matron of Honor dress in one month!
- Enjoy the last few weeks of summer with C with more pool, beach, and a couple of day trips!
And the next time I write my Goal List, the summer will be over :( (although, summer seems to hang around here in Massachusetts far into September nowadays). C will be back in school and back to dance class, life will be hectic again, and the days/weeks/months will fly by. Before we know it, Christmas will be here.