I have lots of family photos sessions coming up, and I know they are all wondering what to wear. Most likely it will still be quite warm here in MA until late September, so use these as guidance for styles or color combinations if there are pants or long sleeves shown. Also, keep the following in mind:
- Pick 2 or 3 colors and a neutral as shown in the examples below. Mix darks with lights of the same color family. Every person in the photo doesn't have to wear all of the colors you choose, but if you each wear at least one of them, you're sure to have some nicely coordinated outfits for your photos.
- Throw some patterns into the mix! If dad is wearing a plain blue shirt, have mom wear a striped or flowered dress or shirt with hints of blue. Little boys can wear a plain or plaid shirt in a different shade of blue. Layering solids with patterns is also a great way to coordinate everyone, too.
- Who wears the pants in this family? Well, on picture day, not everyone has to! It's a great idea to vary the style of clothing as well. Dresses, long pants, capris, shorts, and skirts...again, mix them all up.
- It's best to avoid clothing with wording or characters on them. You want your photos to be as timeless as they can be, and well, if you wear a shirt with ALF on the front, people will question if it's a cool retro shirt or something that's been in your drawer for 20 years. Plus, you want everyone to focus on you and your family.
- Dress comfortably and dress like YOU! If you are not comfortable in the clothing you choose, it will show in your photos.
- Have fun shopping!!